Tuesday, October 19, 2010

4-EVA

Holy crap, everybody...it's been forever! January 16th was the last entry! I am disappointed to inform you that I'm no longer baking full time. However, I am pleased to report that I have indeed still been at the old mix-and-whip. I've had a request for key lime pie! Little out of season, maybe, but indeed one of my favorites to make, and of course, EAT! I always make the standard graham cracker crust, but I use cinnamon-sugar grahams, add toasted coconut and ground, toasted almonds to it...with, of course, plenty of butter :) Oh, happy little pie. I can't wait!

Also, my birthday is less than two months away, so I am planning my birthday bash extravaganza and i'm very excited about coming up with a crazy cake!!! I'm thinking red velvet with the marshmallow icing...I keep trying to broaden my personal taste horizons, but it just keeps coming back to that dense red luciousness with its fluffy teal marshmallow frosting cushion resting daintily on top. You can't beat the color contrast either. It's striking. Last year was the breakfast-for-dinner bash, complete with my veggietastic homefries, banana and zucchini bread french toast, and bloody marys. One of my dear friends (Alyssa!) made my cake, which was a decadant black forest cake, dripping with dark, sweet cherries and bejeweled with sparkling tufts of whipped cream. YUM! I am now going to get a snack...thinking about all this has awakened my desire for lunch.

Well, adieu for now friends....more very soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment