Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amaretto Cupcakes


This morning, after a fun-filled evening of dinner, movies, drinks and driving around (yup, literally all night...that was fun Katie!) I frosted little buttermilk cupcakes for work...last night I made amaretto frosting with a cup of butter, 1/4 cup amaretto, splash of vanilla, and a couple tablespoons of cream. I love making frosting because i usually just wing the recipe and taste along the way...every recipe i've tried has been different and i like ending up with something a little newer and better every time.


The cupcakes are decorated with star and leaf fondant cut-outs painted with food coloring and brushed with luster dust...over the cupcakes i sprinkled a few colored flake sprinkles just to brighten them up. We actually didn't sell a single cupcake today, although it was very slow...I wish I could just give my baked goods away...they are pretty and tasty and make people smile...I mean, who doesn't like a cute cupcake, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment