Monday, February 23, 2009

Triple layer Chocolate Mousse

This morning i am putting together ideas for a triple layer chocolate mousse cake for my friend and co-worker, Carol. Her birthday is today so it must be done by this evening...i think what i will do is mix up a buttermilk and brown sugar devils food cake and bake it in two 8" round cake pans...split each cake into two layers and make my now-"famous" chocolate mousse to fill the layers. I have a little left in my roll of acetate paper so I will lay down one layer of cake, wrap it with the acetate and proceed to layer delicious clouds of deep dark espresso and kahlua flavored mousse with moist dense and buttery-rich slivers of chocolate cake...i might just keep it for myself...

To top it all off, I am going to smooth over the top and edges of the cake and spread a thick layer of chocolate-kahlua ganache on top. This whole extravagant thing will be refridgerated to set the ganache and mousse and then i will decorate with some plain vanilla icing...and chocolate covered espresso beans, possibly....it will be befittting a great lady! woohoo! off to chocolate paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment