Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chris is turning 17!

After a very successful Valentine's Day, with sweet little red velvet cupcakes for both Sneakers and the Winter is a Drag Ball, the time has come to turn to my youngest brother Chris' birthday cake! He is going to be 17 this year! I still really think he's only 8...

Initially, i planned on building a skateboard cake, decorated to look like his skateboard, but his description of what he wanted was basically "just something special." I am honestly not sure how the skateboard idea would work out....i haven't really had much experience sculpting cakes...although there's no better time to start. He did request chocolate cake... so i think today I am going to mix up a batch of homemade fondant and make a couple chocolate sheet cakes and see where it takes me! If it doesn't work out so well, I have a few good ideas for a fondant covered two tier cake...more later!

1 comment: