Monday, January 12, 2009

Cookies and Cupcakes and Cakes...Oh My!


Today there will actually be some baking done! It will be a little later in the day than normal for me, but I'm starting some prep in the kitchen this morning so I have to be at work by 5:30, where I would have actually had today off...


I made some cookies at work on Thursday...yeah...it was that slow...and for the recipe I took a basic Mrs. Fields Oatmeal cookie recipe: tripled the batch, added chocolate chips, coconut, candied walnuts and a splash of Kahlua for some of the vanilla....they were so delicious!!! We ran out yesterday and people were still asking for them off the specials, saying they sounded so good! I had two requests for making them again....maybe later today...



However, I really haven't made cupcakes in awhile...since Christmas I think...so I believe I will be making devils food cupcakes with either marshmallow frosting or creamsicle buttercream...and some marzipan decor...for FUN!!! More to follow after work when the baking begins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment