Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole...

So this morning I am sketching designs for an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party themed cake...I looked at some really neat pics of cakes on Flickr and got some really great ideas. Chris Valyou said I should begin with the cake very plain on the top tier, with just a rabbit's back end, going down the rabbit hole...and then make the cake crazier as you go down the next layers...which I think sounds like a good idea...

Still haven't officially baked anything really noteworthy...I've actually been a little under the weather the past couple of days...and I don't want to touch food in between hacking up my lungs and fighting the urge to shoot neon boogers everywhere. Gross.

I'm in the middle of trying to plan a few good projects...Abby is having a super bowl party, so I'm making some cupcakes for that and Chris' 17th birthday is February 19th...I'm going to make him an upside-down skateboard painted to look like the underside of his board...complete with sculpted gumpaste trucks and wheels...sweet!

Aside from those, I'm making Ben Sarle's birthday cake, also for February and I want to make a last kick ass Sneakers cake for my going away party, which Mike and I decided is going to be huge and ridiculous...maybe at the monkey? Not a private party or anything...I just want to get my partying out before school starts. It's going to be intense and I can't afford distractions like that...so more to follow later in the day....unless I get completely ambushed by aforementioned neon boogers...which is entirely possible...I feel better but still like poop...

No comments:

Post a Comment