Monday, January 19, 2009

Gingersnaps...to make or NOT to make....

So I woke up this morning yearning to fill the house with the spicy earthy scent of gingersnap cookies and I got everything ready and realized that I have no ginger. It's only 4 in the morning so I will not be going to the grocery store.
I then decided on coconut cookies, which are another deeply comforting cookie...they smell tropical and they are buttery and melt in your mouth and have a crisp outer edge so you get a little of everything. Then I realized that in fact, I have no butter. So there will be no cookies. I forgot about the cookie bonanza the other day that I came home to after work...Dad and Jo and Colin were home all day baking assorted cookies. And that's where my butter went. You know, for someone whose passion is baking and cooking...I haven't been doing very much of either lately.
Lucky for me I'll be doing nothing else for the next couple years and then hopefully, my lifetime. So, I guess it's ok to take a little break now! Sorry guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment